Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Language Learners and Ruby on Rails Web Development

I just finished creating all of the mockups that I think will be necessary for the Language Learners system. The Mockups page on the Google Code project website has all of them. Feel free to leave a comment or question there or at the end of this blog post.

My plan right now is to check out the Hobo framework and, at the same time, read Agile Web Development with Rails by Ruby, Thomas, and Hansson. I am starting to learn all about Ruby on Rails, so I want to use a framework that is easy enough for a beginner like myself to use, and Hobo seems like a good tool to start with; then from there, I could perhaps move on to something else that is more challenging or flexible, or just stick to it if it has everything I need for development.

I will give my thoughts on Hobo once I'm done taking it out for a test drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment